Making a Difference
DOVE needs your support. More than 50% of the organization's operating budget comes from private contributions. Your tax-deductible donation has a direct and positive impact on all those who come through the doors of our shelter and Outreach & Family Services Center. All donations are most appreciated by both DOVE's staff and the women, children and men served during a time of great crisis and turmoil. We thank you in advance for your generosity!
There are many ways you can help to rebuild the lives of those affected by abuse, some of which include
Make a financial donation:
All donations help DOVE meet the daily expenses of running a shelter and providing services to children, women, and men. Your donation of
- $50 may provide round-trip client transportation to our Outreach Center for five domestic violence counseling sessions.
- $100 may provide one hour of domestic violence intervention training for the community.
- $150 may provide shelter guests with fresh fruit, vegetables, and dairy products for one week.
- $200 may provide 10 women the opportunity to complete DOVE Financial Self-sufficiency class.
- $350 may provide 10 parents the opportunity to complete DOVE Parenting-After-Violence group.
- $1,000 may provide a 3-day training for teenagers participating in DOVE's YouthSpeak program.
- $5,000 may provide a bedroom in our shelter for an entire year, allowing DOVE to provide life-saving emergency shelter and support services to children and their families.
- $10,000 may provide healthy food for our Emergency Shelter for an entire year.
Thank you for your interest in DOVE's Holiday Assistance Program!
Donate Items on Our Wish List:
This is how the program works: DOVE will provide to an Adopting Supporter with a Holiday Wish List for one of the families we serve in our Emergency Shelter or Community-based Services Program. The Wish List will include basic needs (gloves, coats, etc.) as well as a special holiday wish (a teddy bear, game, etc.) for each family member. The Adopter then purchases the requested items and returns them to DOVE's Holiday Donation Drop-Off location, unwrapped, by Thursday, 12/15/11.
You can also adopt DOVE as an organization, to supply some of the items we need to provide services to individuals and families.
If you are interested in adopting a DOVE family, please e-mail email@example.com
or call 617-770-4065 x10.
Click here for a Flyer to share with your friends, church, synagogue, co-workers, etc.
* All donations of linens, clothing, bedding, and stuffed animals must be new. Although we greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness, we are not allowed to accept these items if they are used. Thank you for your assistance.
Participate in a Matching Gifts Program:
Many employers offer a Matching Gift program where they will match your charitable donation. If your employer does not currently offer this opportunity, encourage them to join businesses like Verizon, Harvard University, and Fidelity in supporting DOVE.
Make a Commemorative or Tribute Gift:
Remember a loved one or celebrate a special event such as a graduation or a birthday, by making a special gift to DOVE, Inc. in his or her name. In return, DOVE will send a letter or certificate recognizing your honoree and your kindness. Our certificates also serve as thoughtful wedding or shower favors.
Organize a Workplace Drive:
Encourage employees or colleagues to collect items on our Wish List. DOVE works with workplaces to coordinate drives, including donation pick-ups.
Donate Your Used Cell Phone:
DOVE collects used cell phones to be refurbished and given to victims of domestic violence. Phones that are unable to be refurbished are recycled, with proceeds going directly to DOVE's client services programs.
Use Goodsearch.com as Your Search Engine
GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to charity. Use it as you would any search engine (make sure you choose DOVE, Inc- Quincy) and watch the donations add up for DOVE.
To learn more information on these as well as other ways you can make
a difference, please call our Development office (617-770-4065).
We appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity.
|24-hour Crisis Hotline:|
Community Advocacy & Prevention Services:
|617-471-1234 or 888-314-3683|
DOVE Inc. – Domestic Violence Ended|
P.O. Box 690267, Quincy, MA 02269
Copyright © 2008-present DOVE Inc. - All rights reserved.